Graph Gurus 23: Best Practices To Model Your Data Using A Graph Database
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Anyone about to create a graph database always begins by asking these questions: how do I design the schema and what are the best practices in using vertex and edge types to build a graph model?
A good graph schema design represents important relationships in a natural way, while also minimizing system resource consumption and enabling the best query performance. A schema should consider input data format and query use cases (workload).
This webinar shares our modeling experience when solving real-world customer challenges with a graph database. We will cover a rich variety of best practices and show you:
- What can be vertices and edges
- How to choose an edge type (undirected, directed, reversed)
- How to decide between attributes or vertices
- How to model temporal data
- How to model multiple events and/or /transactions between two entities
- How to use derived edges to speed up queries