The power of graph analytics for performing entity resolution
July 9, 2020 at 3:00 pm BST / 4:00 pm CEST
The data in databases can give a misleading or fragmented view of the real world. You might appear multiple times within the same database, due to typos, name changes, or on purpose -- but there's only one You. If we try to merge two databases, how do we match entities, when the ID systems might be different or contain errors?
Entity Resolution helps you get to the truth: to detect which data entities refer to the same real-world entity, and then to link or merge them together. Entity Resolution is an essential data quality tool and foundational step for businesses looking to:-
- Build Customer 360
- See the full customer journey
- Make the best recommendations
- Uncover fraudulent activity
Graph analytic techniques are especially good at identifying, linking and merging entities, by seeing duplicate or similar attributes and relationships.
Using TigerGraph Cloud, we will demonstrate the power of a graph database and analytics for performing entity resolution. We will:
- Explain why current solutions present challenges, especially in a transactional environment
- Share real-world use cases for entity resolution across media, internet, eCommerce, security and transportation industries
- Review multiple real-life business solutions to see the entity analytics by TigerGraph and GSQL in action
- Richard Henderson, EMEA Team Lead Solution Architect