REDWOOD CITY, CA – Feb. 13, 2019 – TigerGraph, the world’s fastest graph analytics platform for the enterprise, today announced a record-breaking 2018, reporting a 300 percent increase in revenue, unprecedented customer growth and continued product innovation. The company also announced the opening of its new European headquarters in London and the appointment of Songting Chen as chief architect and Michael Shaler as head of business development.
“2018 was a monumental year for TigerGraph. Customers are now recognizing the value of graph analytics but need a fast and scalable graph that can quickly process data and its relationships, even for deep and complex queries, at scale,” said Dr. Yu Xu, CEO, and founder, TigerGraph. “We are beyond proud of the extensive market validation we’ve received due to rapid product innovation, customer acquisition and the power of TigerGraph’s SQL-like SDK for developers. And with the new additions to our world-class executive team, we'll be able to further support our mission to help customers unlock business value from connected data. We look forward to an even stronger year in 2019.”
Since emerging from stealth at the end of 2017, and the subsequent launch of the industry’s fastest and first native parallel graph database, TigerGraph has accelerated adoption of the graph database, enabling modern businesses to process and analyze interconnected data in real time. Key milestones include:
TigerGraph continued to see overwhelming growth, with milestones such as:
- 300 percent increase in revenue.
- 400 percent growth in new customers’ accounts, including the 3 largest banks in the world, along with the addition of others such as Intuit, Zillow and VISA.
- Hundreds of global customer engagements underway.
- 67 percent global employee growth, including the appointment of Dr. Alin Deutsch as chief scientist, and Gaurav Deshpande as vice president of marketing.
The world’s fastest and most scalable graph platform, TigerGraph product updates include:
- TigerGraph Cloud, the industry’s most robust and cost-effective way to run scalable graph analytics in the cloud.
- TigerGraph 2.2, featuring an expanded toolset to help enterprises uncover key data relationships not previously possible with other tools, and TigerGraph 2.0, offering real-time MultiGraph collaboration service - an industry first that delivers enhancements in distributed system performance and security.
- A new Neo4j Migration Toolkit, enabling Neo4j developers to leverage their Cypher investments by transforming their Cypher queries into GSQL - the most complete query language on the market. GSQL is a Turing-complete, easy-to-use, SQL-like graph query language with built-in parallelism. Unlike other options, GSQL supports pressing business needs for enterprises and government organizations, by providing a modern query language for complex graph analytics.
- Availability of the free TigerGraph Developer Edition and open source graph algorithm library.
Awards and Accolades
TigerGraph garnered multiple significant industry accolades, including:
- InfoWorld’s Editor’s Choice, with a 4.5 star review for TigerGraph 2.2.
- Strata Data New York’s “Most Disruptive Startup”. TigerGraph joins a prestigious list of the most innovative data science startups and products.
- SD Times’s “Companies to Watch in 2019,” DBTA’s “Trend-Setting Products for 2019” and the insideBIGDATA IMPACT 50.
- Naming of Yu Xu, CEO, to the Corinium Top 100 Data & Analytics professionals.
TigerGraph further expanded its developer resources with new additions:
- A new industry benchmark report demonstrating how TigerGraph is more than 40x faster than Neo4j and more than 57x faster than Amazon Neptune.
- Graph Gurus, a free, educational hands-on webinar series designed to help developers and data scientists develop their technical expertise.
- A new “Native Parallel Graph: The Next Generation of Graph Database for Real-Time Deep Link Analytics” ebook demonstrating how Global 5000 is using real-time graph analytics.
Earlier this month, the company rounded out its seasoned executive team with the appointments of Dr. Songting Chen as chief architect and Michael Shaler as head of business development. Chen joins TigerGraph after spending six years at Facebook, leading multiple real-time big data efforts such as streaming, search, and analytics for Facebook. Shaler joins TigerGraph to head up partner sales and alliance efforts. In this role, he'll be spearheading the business relationships with leading cloud platform providers as well as managing and developing the partners and OEMs. Shaler has led key partnerships for industry leaders as diverse as DataStax, GridGain, and NetApp.
The company also announced the opening of its new European headquarters in London to keep pace with rapid growth and support global expansion plans. In a separate release, TigerGraph announced today that London-based OpenCorporates, the world’s largest open database of companies, has chosen TigerGraph as its backend graph database.
- TigerGraph Developer Edition & Free Trial
- TigerGraph Website
- TigerGraph Blog
- TigerGraph on Twitter
- TigerGraph on LinkedIn
TigerGraph is the world’s fastest graph analytics platform designed to unleash the power of interconnected data for deeper insights and better outcomes. TigerGraph fulfills the true promise and benefits of the graph platform by tackling the toughest data challenges in real time, no matter how large or complex the dataset. TigerGraph supports applications such as fraud detection, IoT, AI, and machine learning to make sense of ever-changing big data. TigerGraph’s proven technology is used by customers including Intuit, VISA, Wish, China Mobile, State Grid Corporation of China, and Zillow. For more information, follow the company on Twitter @TigerGraphDB or visit www.tigergraph.com.
Offleash PR for TigerGraph